Gas Leak in Hyderabad; 25 Children Fall Ill
As many as 25 children fell ill due to gas leak in Hyderabad. The incident took place in a school in Toli Chowki in the city at around 11:00 AM today. One of the students of the school, Mohammed Abedi said, “We first detected a foul smell and soon our eyes started burning and watering. A few minutes later we were asked to evacuate the school. A few of my friends were rushed to a hospital”. 10 of the 25 students recovered and were sent home from hospital. 4 students are under observation due to difficulty in breathing. Doctors said that they would be discharged tomorrow. When the incident took place, parents of students rushed to the school for their children. But the school management did not allow them inside, which infuriated the parents. A parent told media that this is the second time that such an incident is witnessed in last two years. Golconda police official Khaleel Pasha said, “We are examining whether there is any negligence on the part of school management. At this stage, we have not come to any conclusion about how ammonium gas leaked from the laboratory. All the students are out of danger”.